8114 Heritage Woods Ln, Panama City, FL 32404
Home: (850) 874-8005 - Cell: (850) 624-8304 - email@example.com
Passionate Teacher bringing 7 years experience in middle school science. Strong subject areas include Earth-space science, physical science, social science, and technology. My goal with every lesson is to find new and interesting ways to incorporate Discovery Education (DE) Techbook with technology to keep students so engaged that they do not even realize that they are learning. Adapted DE lessons into SMART Notebook 11 and PowerPoint to produce complete classroom lessons.
Examples of Tech Integration
08/2006-06/2013 Teacher, 7th and 8th grade science Wewahitchka Jr/Sr High School – Wewahitchka, 32465, FL
- Was the deciding factor in procuring Discovery Education (DE) Techbook which grades 7 and 8 have been using for the past 2 years.
- Used DE Techbook to teach 7 periods of science for all the students in grades 7 and 8 each day.
- Utilized all aspects of DE Techbook including: lesson plans, explorations, Science Sleuths, videos, MythBusters, Hand-On Activities, Integrated Science Simulations, Assessments, Virtual and Hands-On Labs.
- Was DE Administrator for the past two years. Knowledgeable using User and Student Management Tools including setting up student and teacher accounts and archiving,
- Highly knowledgeable in technology. Integrated DE with Smartboard, student laptops, Edmodo, iPad and student's personal smart-devices in class to complete classwork, assessments, and taking notes.
- Adapted DE Techbook to meet students' varying accommodations.
- Employed a broad range of instructional techniques to retain student interest and maximize learning.
- Instrumental in convincing the district to build a science lab, designing layout and in purchasing 35K worth of science tables.
- Used DE Techbook to created lesson plans that were in line with state curriculum and school curriculum standards.
06/1976-06/2000 Meteorologist and Oceanographer United States Navy
- 24-years as a Environmental Meteorologist and Oceanographer
- Managed Operational Department with a staff of 14
- Stationed at Japan, Philippines, Hawaii, Alaska, and California
- Ms. Debbie Baxley, last supervisor (2011-2013), Principal Wewahitchka Jr/Sr High School. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Pam Lister, prior supervisor (2006-2010), Guidance Counselor Port St Joe Jr/Sr High School. E-mail: email@example.com
- Ms. Emily Waters, Discovery Education. E-mail: Emily_Waters@discovery.com
2006 Bachelor of Science: Social Science Education, Florida State University - Panama City, FL
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.86/4.00